We’re Here to Help
As a business owner, your job is to minimize cost and maximize profits. The Conway Chamber of Commerce is here to help you do just that.
As a Member, the Chamber provides you with a wealth of tools and information to assist in successfully running your business:
- Networking Opportunities
- Quality Business Counseling
- Training + Education with SCORE and Coastal Carolina University Small Business Administration
- Business Recognition
- Economic, Geographic and Demographic Data
We’ve provided a list of contacts, addresses and telephone numbers to assist you in the process.
Questions? Call the Conway Chamber of Commerce office at (843) 248-2273.
Conway Chamber of Commerce Office Hours
Monday – Friday
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
WHY SHOULD I DO BUSINESS IN CONWAY?
The Conway area offers a wealth of strategic benefits that often allow anyone looking to open a new business or relocate an existing company strong advantages over their competitors.
Cost of Doing Business
Taxes – South Carolina taxes are among the lowest in the nation with a five percent corporate income tax.
Utilities – The cost for utilities – electric, hydroelectric, nuclear, coal, natural gas, and renewable resources – is 15 percent less than the national average.
From education and government to a handful of manufacturers, the top employers in the Conway area come from varied industries that support our area workers and their families.
The largest employers are:
- Horry County School District
- Horry County Government
- Coastal Carolina University
- Business-friendly tax environment
- Diverse workforce
- Award-winning school district boasting 51 schools, including two academies with concentrations in math, technology, science and arts
- Higher education opportunities at four institutions, which offer degrees and certifications in more than 200 programs of study combined
- Coastal Carolina University
- Horry-Georgetown Technical College
- Miller Motte College
- Webster University
- Outstanding healthcare options and a strong healthcare network boasting several quality medical centers with over 500 beds
- And more
In 2021, South Carolina “Ranked among the Top 10 Best Business Climates in the U.S.” by Area Development Magazine.
The Palmetto State consistently ranks as one of the most business-friendly states in the nation with a low cost of doing business.
South Carolina tax base lends itself to the growth of self-employment, exports, job placement efficiency and industry.
Plus, South Carolina has the lowest percentage of unions in the country and offers the most competitive average wages in the Country.
Incentives + Info
The City of Conway has developed multiple incentive options to stimulate the redevelopment, establishment and continuation of the growth of our community.
Incentives are offered for a wide range of business opportunities and some residential opportunities.
Incentives are essential for future progression as well as historical preservation of Conway, South Carolina.
Below you will find a brief description of each incentive that is offered through the City of Conway. Click the link to learn more information for each category.
- Family Entertainment Incentive
- Redevelopment Enhancement Incentive
- Hotel Incentive
- Preservation Tax Incentive
View the resources provided to you by the economic development division of the Conway Chamber of Commerce.
Insurance, Regulatory & Tax Support
- Business Interruption Insurance Information
- Tax Extension Information Download
- Tax Relief FAQs
- Federal Payroll Tax Credits
- Compliance Assistance for Regulatory Relief Download
- Fuel Waiver (RVP) Download
- IRS People First Initiative (Taxpayer Assistance)
Contact us to learn more about Business Development in Conway.